Reviews here of another five autism apps, previously posted individually on Twitter. The apps covered this month are listed below. Not as many app reviews this month as I would have liked to get done so apologies for that. I plan to do a large group review of apps for learning about emotions in August, as there are dozens of these available and it is hard to choose. Also, next month this blog (and the rest of the site) will be migrating to a new URL which you can check out here where the app reviews will be organised differently and hopefully become more user-friendly and searchable. I’ll keep you posted!
- Touch Trainer – a simple app for teaching cause-and-effect relationships in a touch screen context. Good for first time tablet users.
- Touch & Learn Emotions – an app for matching emotional words to photographed expressions.
- My A-Z – create a personalised alphabet for your child to learn their letters.
- IAM Autism Expressions – another emotion trainer this time at a more complex level (i.e. for people who can read)
- Fingerpaint Magic – attractive painting app to create beautiful abstract images or embellish your own pictures with extra colour